Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Gone Fishing



With many of my clients away enjoying the beaches and their families these fleeting summer months, it's no surprise that I hadn't found myself lingering down Newbury Street in quite some time. Today though, I decided to pop in on one of my all time favorite shops, Dress. http://www.dressboston.com . I love it when I haven't been in a boutique in a while, then go in to discover that they've gotten in loads of new amazing pieces. One of my favorite finds were these great necklaces by a line called Fish and Archer. Designer Britton Shores creates beautiful one-of-a-kind pieces using woven vintage silks, scarves, and laces (some of which she stains with organic teas), as well as leather, suede, synthetic pearls, crystal strands, chains, threading, and studs.
Aside from the obvious one-of -a-kind feature of these necklaces, what I loved about them is that you can wear them several different ways, a necklace, a bracelet and even a headband. They have enough sparkle to make them special but not so much that they can't be worn every day. Now if only I could decide which one I like best.

No comments:

Post a Comment