Saturday, September 26, 2009

Brotherly Love



If you get a chance to spend some time in Philadelphia, take it. The shopping, is great. I spent Saturday in Olde City, and while the sidewalks were clogged with people trying to absorb a bit of the history that saturates these streets, I was soaking in the stores. Here are a couple of my favorites.

Sugarcube Has a great mix of current designers like A.P.C. and Ulla Johnson and some really fun vintage finds for both men and women.



From there it was a hop and a skip over to Third Street Habit . January, the owner of Habit, gave me a quick rundown of her shop. Not only is Habit the only store in Philadelphia that carries, the french cult favorite and impossible to find online, Isabel Marant, you'll also find an extensive jean collection and some fantastic shoe and bag lines. Add to that a helpful staff that is willing to spend time showing their customers how to put the looks together and you've got a must stop shop. I'm debating on scooping up the Marant dress that January was wearing, but couldn't resist grabbing a bag from local designer Astrid.


Moving on from there I headed over to Second Street to Reward
a great women's and men's boutique with an edge. Reward is getting prepared for all the fantastic fall and winter pieces that are on their way so they were clearing out all their past season merchandise by marking it 75% off. My favorite frenchie Vanessa Bruno was among the sale racks and let's just say I needed a BIG bag when I left.

Today I'm off to Rittenhouse Square to see what little treasures are lurking there.

No comments:

Post a Comment